Students are reminded to observe their current pass (student pass/dependent pass) validity date to avoid overstaying on a current pass.
1. WHAT IS THE CONSEQUENCES OF OVERSTAYING YOUR VISA?
- Staying in Malaysia beyond the period allowed is a violation of Section 15 (1) (c) Immigration Act 1959/63 (Act 155). Any student that has been found to have been living in Malaysia after a pass / permit has expired or revoked will be referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- The Deputy Public Prosecutor will determine if the offender shall pay a compound or be charged in court based on the offence committed.
2. WHO IS APPLICABLE FOR SPECIAL PASS APPLICATION?
- Applicants who have overstayed their visa.
- Applicants whose current pass expiring 7 days before expiry date.
- Insufficient period of time during conversion from current pass to other passes.
3. WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO APPLY FOR THE SPECIAL PASS?
The checklist for special pass application can be downloaded here.
Updated:: 05/10/2022 [sitiafiqah]